STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is inspired by God and is "the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct".
- There is only one true God who exists as a Trinity.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and, as the second person of the Trinity, is God.
- Man was created good and upright. However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- Salvation "is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ".
- There are two ordinances. Believer's baptism by immersion is a declaration to the world that the believer has died and been raised together with Christ, becoming a new creation. The Lord's Supper is a symbol expressing the believer's sharing in the divine nature of Christ, a memorial of Christ's suffering and death, and a prophecy of Christ's second coming.
THE FUNCTION OF CITY ELDERS
City Elders are experienced, anointed, and recognized leaders from the three primary spheres of God-ordained authority: The Church, Civil Government, and Business. All three of these institutions were designed for the express purpose of protecting and providing for the family
- Shepherds: These are God’s servants ordained to feed, lead, protect and nurture the people of God.
- Servants: These are God’s civil servants, called, anointed, and appointed to administer justice, judgment, equity, and protection.
- Stewards: These are God’s kingdom entrepreneurs to create wealth and employment opportunities.
the focus of city elders
City Elders are spiritual, political, and business leaders who have joined together in covenant within towns, cities, and states to do the following:
- Establish righteousness in government; spiritual, civil, and economic systems.
- Draft civil laws which reflect Biblical values and Judeo-Christian ethics.
- Protect those vulnerable, innocent, disenfranchised.
- Promote the principles and protocols of God’s Kingdom.
- Glorify God through the Lordship of His Son, Jesus Christ.